Re: On the terrible fact of militias (the dugpas in goverment are attacking!)

Jun 06, 1997 05:02 PM
by Drpsionic

>(Space for Chuck to make a black joke on the subject to cool this off)

Estrella,

Sorry to disappoint you on this, but it's one of the few things I don't joke
about.  The risks are actually far greater than you can imagine.  What is
keeping things less violent than they already are is the fact that the
economy is in relatively good shape and people in the US generally don't feel
threatened by outside forces.  (One of the reasons Americans pay generally
little attention to affairs in other countries is that our sheer size means
we have so many problems of our own we just don't have time for it and the
direct effect on the average American of anything in, let us say, Africa
south of the Sahara is non-existent.)

If things go south, as the saying goeth, people will look for scapegoats and
all hell can break loose.  Just go to the web and look up The Terrorist's
Handbook and you can easily see how messy things can become.

Chuck the Heretic