messengers

Jun 06, 1997 12:17 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

> the names that come to me are Mandela and
>Gorbachev.  (No flames please.)
>
>Cheers
>Paul
No flames at all. I think you're right.
Can we also add Jimmy Carter? and maybe Bill Richardson?

I'm thinking especiallly about Mandela. I never thought of him as a
particularly spiritul man before, but he must be, since he endured all those
tortures for so many years and then rose to become a very equaniminous
ruler. Maybe he just seems to be very even in public, but he certainly has
great stature and dignity.

Liesel