Re: research question

Jun 04, 1997 04:20 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <970604034106_-1296457978@emout05.mail.aol.com>,
Wildefire@aol.com writes
>Alan,
>Yikes!! I see the huge thing I inadvertantly asked you as the result of my
>not editing my message properly before sending it. (This is what happens when
>people are given access to the Internet while under heavy medication.) My
>apologies!! What I *intended* to ask you was only: what is the Kabalistic
>view (the form you study) of the nature of the spiritual principle indwelling
>in the Soul. ;-D

In Kabalah this is called ~Yechidah~ - the spiritual or divine spark
within each living identity (regardless of species).

It does not indwell the Soul, being beyond soul.  "Higher" if you like.

The Soul is roughly delineated by [Heb.] ~Ruach~ but is sometimes
equated with a spiritual principle (as distinct from a spiritual
essence).  ~Ruach~ approximates to ~Pneuma~ in Greek, and both words are
often translated as "spirit" or "breath" or "wind." (cf. NT: "The
wind/breath/spirit [of God] blows where it will").

There is also what is called the "Animal Soul" or bodily intelligence,
called ~Nephesh~ and can be roughly equated with the intelligence of the
etheric/astral entity which informs the everyday activities which
accompany our physical and [lower] psychic energies.

For the complete works follow the Kabbalah link on the website below,
where all is revealed for free!

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk