Re: Celibacy and Spirituality

Jun 03, 1997 00:39 AM
by Wildefire

In a message dated 97-06-02 00:25:18 EDT, Doss wrote:

(quoting Krishnaji from Mary Lutyens' book)

> "So-called holy men have maintained that you cannot come near God if you
>  indulge in sex, therefore they push it aside although they are eaten up
with
>  it. But by denying sexuality they put out their eyes and cut out their
>  tongues for they deny the whole beauty of the earth.

Excellent post (as always), Doss! Now, if it were rewritten in view of recent
history, we could make the following substitutions:

So-called holy men = Heaven's Gate cult members

God = the UFO behind Hale-Bopp

Eyes (and tongues) = (well, use the word eyeballs and subtract the "eye" from
it)

Lynn