research question

May 31, 1997 06:37 PM
by Mark Kusek

Hi Folks,
Sorry that I haven't been actively participating for a while. I've been
quite busy and have, for a time, retired to merely observing the list.

However, I now have a question that I'm hoping someone well versed in
the teachings of theosophy can answer for me.

Here it is:

Being composed of elements that partake of both Hindu and Buddhist
thought (among other things), can anyone tell me how theosophy has
resolved the difference between the traditional Hindu view of Atman and
Brahman and the quite succint refutation of these concepts by Buddhism
(for example, in the Buddhist doctrine of anatman)?

Is there some overarching theosophical perspective that reconciles this
direct philosophical opposition?

Mark
--------
WITHOUT WALLS: An Internet Art Space