Re: More questions

May 31, 1997 04:35 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <2.2.32.19970531014113.00732304@mail.eden.com>, M K Ramadoss
<ramadoss@eden.com> writes
>On this issue again there are two schools of thought. The post HPB thought
>is that for anyone to progress spiritually one needs celibacy. It is the
>same that all religions have spoken of for centuries.
>
>The other school is that of Jiddu Krishnamurti who says celibacy is not that
>important to spiritual growth.

Both are probably right. The religious path finds celibacy an advantage
because it can enable a *faster* spiritual development.  It *can* - but
it is not guaranteed.  K is probably right also, as in my experience
those who seek spiritual growth will find it, whatever their lifestyle.

Speaking personally, I found celibacy, once I got the hang of it [there
could be a gag there :-)] enabled access to the 'higher' planes very
considerably facilitated.  Without it, access was still possible, but
attention was more easily distracted.

Just my two-pennyworth.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk