The Year 2000 (con't)

May 31, 1997 07:17 AM
by Patrick Alessandra Jr.

<<So their financial house of cards
(which is all it is, when of the $100 trillion changing hands annually
worldwide, only $3 TRILLION is represented by the delivery or production
of
actual goods and services - AND A THIRD OF THAT IS MILITARY
EXPENDITURES!)
     It's a mess. I don't see any way out, except for those with a
little
land to grow a few crops. It's a return to the Dark Ages.>>

     I expect that over the next two years as people think about what
this means there will be an increasing attempt to withdraw cash or
purchase hard assets, but as you say there is not 100 trillion in assets
in existence (talk about rapid price increases!)...moreover even if
people choose cash there is only aI believe bout 300 billion in
print...here comes barter and resource based economics...