Celibacy v.s. indulgence

May 31, 1997 02:07 AM
by Einar Adalsteinsson & A.S.B.

Doss wrote:
The other school is that of Jiddu Krishnamurti who says celibacy is not that
important to spiritual growth. This statement coming from Krishnaji is
something very radical and difficult to accept by most who have grown up in
the traditional environment. It you are interested I can post a fairly good
summary of his explanation why.

Einar here:

When once asked about sex and spiritual practices, J.K. answered, (as far as
I remember):
'Have sex, or don't have sex, it doesn't matter - just don't make a problem
out of it.'

This is in line with his teaching that when you impose an 'unnatural'
suppression upon the psyche as a spiritual means, you will only inflict an
inner conflict, and therfore make a psychological havoc out of the whole thing.
This does not implicate though, that one should 'Indulge in some kind of
spiritual sex', as some would have it.

As we proceed naturally in our spiritual search, ALL needs will come to an
end, naturally and permanently. To impose unnatural control or suppression
on the process will simply not work. Neither will an unnatural indulgence.
Transcendance is  sort of perpendicular direction, away from both 'do it'
and 'don't do it'. One day the 'needs' arenīt there, because they have been
repalced by something more profound.

With LOVE to you all.

Einar from Iceland.
Let's change the world to the better,