Re: The Way Ahead

May 30, 1997 08:45 AM
by M K Ramadoss

K. Paul Johnson wrote:

> Question for Einar, or anyone who may know:
>
> When was the Warcup article published?  Was anything done in
> response to it?  Seems to me that Doss is right, that the
> top-down pattern is so firmly established in the TS (in the
> movement really) that change can never occur from the bottom
> up-- alas.  For so many years, so many people have devoted so
> much energy into trying to save the TS from itself-- without
> any real progress that I can see.  There was a little blip of
> hope when Coats was president and Dora was section head.  But
> since then...
>
> Unfortunately, creating a new organization from scratch seems
> implausible too.  So few people are interested in/attracted to
> Theosophy, and such a large percentage of them are committed to
> one of the existing organizations, by personal loyalties if
> nothing else, that there's not much potential out there for a
> new group.
>
> Of course, a *really* new group, that doesn't call itself
> Theosophical, but incorporates HPB among others as a precursor,
> is almost bound to develop sooner or later.  Several already
> have, and the Anthroposophists for example seem to have a lot
> more vitality than the Theosophists.  E. C. Prophet's CUT
> in its own way has stolen the Theosophical thunder too.
> But whether or not any such new emergent group would be to one's
> taste is the question.  So far the only postBlavatskian
> movement that appeals to me is the ARE.  Future such groups are
> likely to make M. and K.H. into spacemen, as has already been
> done in one of the major ufology cults.

I agree with your thoughts. There was a mention that HPB herself knew
that the work of TS was to prepare the coming of a new Messenger from
the the Great White Lodge -- she did mention about it in her writings --
and if the Messenger did come, then is it possible that the work of the
TS is over. Just a speculation that may shock some traditionalists. But
let us remember that even great religions had their day and when their
time was up, they were gone. One of my reasons for this line of thinking
is the fact that after Krishnaji started speaking, we never had a
charismatic leader in TS. None is in sight now either. Sometimes one
shudders at the potential future in the hands of a un-charismatic
leadership. May be it is time for a last wake up call and see the
urgency of the situation. The situation is complicated by the fact we
never see any information trickling down about the thinking of the GC
and their decisions in these matters. Nor any of the minutes of GC
provided to the membership either. Everything is shrowded in secrecy.
May be this kind of future plan information is selectively disseminated
to the ES members. I do not know. I hope that the famous warning of
Master KH in his 1900 letter about how unnecessary secrecy having killed
many organizations does not become a reality in the case of TS. I am
very confident the He saw some possibilities coming down the pike and
provided a warning hint that He may be allowed to provide under Their
rules.

My 2 cents worth.        YMDMV