Re: Money, Fees, Morality

May 26, 1997 02:36 PM
by kymsmith

Titus wrote:

>(Amusing aside: the freeloaders were also the ones who rushed to the head of
>the refreshment tables and loaded their plates high with food.)

>Our founder did not exclude the freeloaders but pointed out some spiritual
>laws at work. A freeloader will invest so much effort to get something for
>free that he could have *earned* it much more easily. A person who makes an
>effort to express gratitude and some kind of payment within his means
>for instruction will see his money returned by spiritual law. I have actually
>experienced this myself and have seen it work for others too. I don't promise
>riches, but "water plenty and food enough."

Well, I've learned from a current discussion on theos that "freeloaders" are
clearly unpleasant and undesirable.  They should be "discriminated against"
(per Tom) and are even, perhaps pathetically, "amusing."  I shall be dogged
in my lookout for them.

However, I have also learned that I can breathe a sigh of relief and,
consequently, find my heart laden with gratitude - for after reading your
post, Titus, I understand that "freeloaders" can only be males.  Whew!

Kym