Re: Price tags

May 23, 1997 01:38 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 09:35 AM 5/23/97 -0400, K. Paul Johnson wrote:
>I'm slightly shocked that any TS branch charges admission, or
>has *all* its meetings closed to the general public.  Matter of
>fact, I think I'd boycott Seattle or San Antonio lodges for
>those reasons if I lived in those cities, because of these
>policies.

   Charging a fee or the so called suggested/unsuggested/voluntary donation
or the passing the traditional collection plate is not unusual in TS lodges,
at least in the USA. For example at Wheaton there is a fee for most of the
programs. Visit www.theosophical.org and the details can be seen there. May
be in areas of the country, one *has* to charge.

I would like see feedback from other lodges in the USA and other parts of
the world. It would be interesting to learn the existing practices.