Re: Honesty

May 18, 1997 06:19 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 04:00 PM 5/18/97 -0400, you wrote:
>The only advantage to honesty is that is far less work.  But dishonesty has
>far too many practical rewards to set aside merely because it conflicts with
>an abstract principle.

  One of my favourite friends who was very honest man (a native Texan) and
may have been seen by his friends as being irreligious, used to tell me
that when you lie,  you need to keep track what lie you have told whom and
when. This is very taxing when you have told a lot of lies to a lot of
people over time.

  When you are truthful, it is very easy. You don't even have to remember.

	...doss