Re: Secrecy - An anecdote

May 15, 1997 07:05 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

M K Ramadoss wrote:
> indeed discussed in the Board Meeting and a decision taken by the Board. I
> also requested a copy of the transcript of the meeting discussing the issue
> and the decision taken so that I can see for myself the details of how and
> why the decision was taken.

	I am certain that it is not that they wouldn't give you a complete
transcript; it was that they COULDN'T give you a complete transcript,
and if you think about what goes into the creation of a complete
transcript, you can see that it was a ridiculous request.

	Also, at Board Meetings, a lot of discussion of personal matters
frequently goes on that never enters the minutes. Even if a transcript
could be made, it would be unethical for them to give you more than the
minutes.

	Bart Lidofsky