Re: Mail Bug

May 10, 1997 01:07 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 08:01 AM 5/10/97 -0400, you wrote:

>>>Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 11:46:38 -0500
>>>From: M K Ramadoss <ramadoss@eden.com>
>>>Subject: Mail Bug
>
>>>Hi
>
>>>I got some of the msgs yesterday from theos-l just the headers. No body of
>>>the msg.
>
>>>I do not know if I am the only one who received such truncated msgs.
>
>>>MKR
>---------
>>Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 12:16:03 -0700
>>From: Titus Roth <titus@clisome9.rose.hp.com>
>>Subject: Re: Mail Bug
>
>>Like Doss, I only got a mail header and no messages.
>--------
>
>Same here, I only got a mail header and no messages (of digest no. 1013)
>Is there a way to get an old mail-digest (by a number) with some command?
>I would like to study some of the old mail.
>
>I know that such a possibility is given for some e-mail magazines.
>
>Sveinn Freyr

Send a msg to listserv@vnet.net with nothing in the subject and in the body
just have one line which says:

     index theos-l

This would send you a list of all digests. Pick the ones you want and send a
msg again to theos-l with the following in the body of the msg and leave the
subject blank:

     get theos-l    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

where  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is the exact identification of the digest.

That is all to it.

mkr