Re: THEOS-L digest 1015

May 09, 1997 08:31 PM
by DSArthur

    I have always valued the "Camel" verse in the Bible because it appears to
me to be full of wisdom.  I interpret this verse about as follows:
              "It is easier for a camel (OK, rope then) to pass through the
eye of
              a needle than for an ego (monad, whatever) to ascend to higher
planes
              and be permanently freed from the perceived need to incarnate
on lower
              ones... while still retaining desires that can only be
fulfilled on those
              lower planes."
    Blavatsky addressed this matter in The Voice Of The Silence when she
wrote
(approximately, I do not have the source document readily at hand):
      "The pure waters of spirit cannot with the Monsoon's muddy torrents
mingle."

                                                FOOD FOR THOUGHT

                                                                       Dennis