"And again he said it not"

May 08, 1997 05:31 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <2.2.32.19970508164229.00686408@mail.eden.com>, M K Ramadoss
<ramadoss@eden.com> writes
>"And again I say unto you, it is easier for a camel to go
>    through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter
>    into the kingdom of God."

Scholarly bit: This putative saying of Jesus is almost certainly the
result of misinterpretation of Jesus' own language, Aramaic/Hebrew.  The
Aramaic word GMLA (Heb. GML) can mean (a) Camel (b) Rope.  Aramaic
speakers even today put this phrase in context and read "rope," not
"camel."

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk