Re: young leaders

May 04, 1997 08:45 AM
by M K Ramadoss

At 11:04 AM 5/4/97 -0400, JRC wrote:
>On Sat, 3 May 1997, M K Ramadoss wrote:
>> >	Well, Emily Sellon and Fritz Kunz are both dead, now. I don't know if
>> >there is anyone out there who has the confidence of the benefactors and
>> >the knowledge and imagination to go forward.
>> >
>> I feel that if a young very charismatic and able (and non political) leader
>> were to emerge, the benefactors will support.
>
>HA! I say HA! The chances of such a person emerging are already
>exceedingly slim, and getting slimmer every day. The problem is that the
>TS apparently still hasn't noticed that its the 20th century, and almost
>the 21st ... not the 19th. There are thousands of organizations around the
>world currently that are out there ... running full tilt to put into
>*practice* the altruism, humanism, and aid to "poor orphan humanity" that
>the TS preaches. There are young, dynamic, charismatic and very able folks
>all over ... but *why* would they want anything to do with the political
>crap, institutional nepotism, philosophical inbreeding, shadowy little
>self-important ES cabal and intellectual condescension they'd have to wade
>through before they'd be permitted to begin to make even the slightest
>difference in the TS?
>
>Charismatic and competent personalities generally know full well their own
>value, and when they go to choose their avenue of service (if, that is,
>they choose to work with a group instead of beginning their own) they seek
>a place that will be a foundation ... not a chain.
>
>The TS generates a lot of nice rhetoric about wanting new fresh blood (and
>in fact, will likely die without it) ... but in a thousand overt and
>subtle ways radiates a vibration that downright repels any such infusion.
>								-JRC

   If we look back historically, *all* great movements were by people who
were either young or in their prime of life. Look at Buddha. He left on his
search as a young prince. Christ was in his early thirtees when he started
his mission. Shankaracharya, considered to be the greatest of all *real*
reformers of Hinduism, started his mission when he was 16 and ended when he
was I believe 32 or 33. Both HPB and HSO were I belive in their mid forties
when they launched TS and Theosophy. We can go on and on.

   If we look at TS, in most countries is lead rarely by anyone young. It
appears that in the minds of some people, age and grey hairs are equated
with wisdom. It may equate with the practical machinations of the day to day
world and experience with playing the tricks that you normally see in the
business world and not any wisdom. I am sure all of you have seen this. I do
not have to give examples.

   As really intelligent men and women, I think it is time to start brain
storming -- not an incestuous brain storming -- may be somewhere along we
will find solutions. If we do not, then the real work will be taken over by
other outfits. May be we should keep all our eyes and ears and intuition
open so that when we see the next push we can recognize instantly and not
blinded by our preconceptions and predetermined answers and unfounded
beliefs. Just my thoughts even though it may look like trash to some.

  Your mileage and direction may vary.

  Thanks for your thoughts.

   ...doss