Re: Naming names

Apr 25, 1997 07:25 AM
by M K Ramadoss

At 11:21 PM 4/23/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Dr. A.M.Bain wrote:
>>
>> In message <335D609C.4A78@sprynet.com>, Bart Lidofsky
>> <bartl@sprynet.com> writes
>> >
>> >       Now here's the thing. The way I work is that, if I knew the name
of the
>> >person, I would directly ask him or her what the story was.
>>
>> A very good point. Doss has mentioned this many times on the list, but
>> although asked directly, seems unwilling to name the person whose
>> identity is so strongly hinted at.  Well, Doss???
>
>	I asked Michael Gomes about it. I will get the actual names when he can
>look up the proper spelling, but according to him, the situation was
>largely Krishnamurti vs. his business partner. The person who was
>involved with both trusts was not a trustee but in fact a lawyer, who
>was hired because of his familiarity with Theosophy. Finally, millions
>of dollars sounds like a lot of money, but remember that Krishnamurti
>was a BILLIONaire.
>
>	Bart Lidofsky

Update:

The Trustees of KFA (new trust that was setup) (who along with the
California Attorney General sued the Krishnamurti Writings Inc etc. and
their trustees) were represented by separate law firms:

Plaintiffs: (New K Trust and CA Atty General)

1. Kaplan, Livingston, Goodwin, Berkowitz & Selvin (LA Law Firm)
2. Cohen, Cearnal, England, Whitfield & Osborne
3. California Deputy Attorney General

Defendants: (KWI etc and their trustees)

1. James D. Loebl
2. Wyman, Bautzer, Rothman & Kuchel (a prestigious Beverly Hills law firm)

Still I would wait to know what you hear from Gomes.

MKR