Re: Satan, devil, bastards and all that oughtn't

Apr 18, 1997 09:50 AM
by Wildefire

In a message dated 97-04-16 22:57:15 EDT, Alan wrote:

(quoting me)
> >the frequency of purely lust-driven unions is attracting a large
>  >number of lesser evolved souls prematurely into incarnation and that it
> does
>  >cause problems.
>
>  I wonder why this link is necessarily made.  Might not a highly
>  developed soul seeking incarnation choose to incarnate via a lust-driven
>  (Aaargh!) union for reasons known only to itself?  Possible reasons:

Alan,

Thank you for forcing me to think this through further! As a result of your
post, I have moderated my opinions on this. I agree with everything that you
said.

I formerly agreed with Bailey on it because I believed she meant that the
circumstances surrounding "lusty unions" were probably more attractive to
relatively unevolved souls than to more highly evolved souls. I think that
she was basing it possibly on a belief that souls tend to be attracted to
parents of similar emotional and mental vibration. I think that, at the time
she wrote this, people who engaged in sex outside of marriage were commonly
believed to be at a lower mental and emotional vibratory state than those who
didn't. (Though, even during her times, this may have been too sweeping a
generalization.) Without really thinking about it, I just went along with
this.

Even if that generalization was true, society has changed considerably since
Bailey wrote. "Lusty unions", in my opinion, are far more widespread these
days along with the types of environments available to an incoming soul
attracted by the resulting conceptions. So, while I feel that, in many cases,
an incoming soul is attracted to parents whose personality vehicles are at a
similar level of vibration, this is not a) always the case (as your message
so nicely illustrated); and b) the vibration of the vehicles of those
engaging in purely lust-driven unions is not always a low one. Just in case
anyone is wondering--this proposed attraction to parents of similar vibratory
levels does not contradict statements I made in earlier posts about the my
belief that the quality of an individual's own vehicles is not inherited from
the parents, but resides in the soul's permanent atoms. In fact, Alan, your
post supports that concept, too.

Yet, I still would have to question the ability of the mental and emotional
vehicles to control the instincts of the physical vehicle in someone who
*repeatedly* engages in purely lust-driven sex. I mean this generally, not as
being judgemental of specific individuals. I have a vague memory of reading
something in the Bailey books to the effect of the stimulation of certain
centers/chakras being involved in some cases, and I'm not referring to
Trantric "yoga". But, this vague "memory" may be inaccurate.

This is the very type of thing I hoped to gain by joining this list--the
opportunity to grow by receiving the input of others on these topics. My
thinking and reading along these lines before now have mostly been the vacuum
of having only my own mind to work with. ;-D) Thank you!!!!

Lynn