satan, devil, bastards

Apr 17, 1997 07:06 AM
by liesel f. deutsch

Thoa,

I don't agree exactly with your`view of the unconscious. To me the
unsconscious is not something bad to be suppressed, but a part of me that
needs to be worked with. To be sure, it contains some negative qualities,
but it also contains creativity. You, as an artist are using it to
advantage. May I suggest a book to you that presents a less negative view of
the unconscious? Serge King's "Mastering Your Hidden Self" Among other
things, he's also a clinical psychologist. He tries to teach you what makes
the unconscious tick, and how you can communicate with it, and tell it what
you want it to do. He's of the opinion that the unconscious is mechanistic
to a certain degree, and carries out whatever has been programmed into it.
Weighing matters, and choosing are conscious acts. There are ways of getting
your unconscious to often do what you'd like it to do consciously.

Liesel