Re: Heaven's Gate

Mar 29, 1997 03:34 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <2.2.32.19970329062536.0069d814@mail.eden.com>, M K Ramadoss
<ramadoss@eden.com> writes
>        The very ancient dictum -- Man (woman) know thyself, keeps one well
>planted firmly in oneself, because you know you have depend solely one
>yourself and are responsible to your actions. You are going to learn about
>yourself first hand -- not second hand. Anyone will tell you that
>independent thinkers are very difficult to deal with because they think for
>themselves and are not led by other's ideas or thinking.
>
>        I think this very ancient approach is productive of a lot of good
>and prevent lot of problems. I think K saw this very clearly and tried to
>impress on this simple approach. As time passes on we may see the wisdom of it.

It *causes* a lot of problems.  Those who are power freaks will *move*
"Heaven's Gate" to keep independent thinkers out, as many on this list
can testify.  I went to a local 'Green' fair today, full of ecological
and similar worthwhile causes - plus a certain amount of ego-tripping
stuff.  One stall had nothing but books by *one* man, tapes (with his
picture, bearded and gray of course), invitations to seminars by the
same guy (flyers with - guess what - his picture on them) AND
(aaarrrrgh!) the real McCoy sat behind the stall.  The production
quality of the books and tapes etc. was superb, suggesting there must be
monry and/or a following behind this man (who I had never heard of
before, and from the look of him, hope never to again).

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk