Human Cloning

Mar 22, 1997 08:31 PM
by DSArthur

Dear Liesel:
   Reference your recent E-mail communication to me:

     1.  Your objection is valid.  As with any previously unknow technology
          caution and vigilence are advisable.
     2.  However, it seems unlikely that clones will be any more (or less)
          subject to disease than are the donors from whom DNA is taken
          to start the cloning process.
     3.  Most people appear frightened about cloning simply because it is
          something new to them and they really don't understand what is
          involved.  Yet these same people have no fear of human twins and
          tripletts (or even larger multiple births) which, for all practical
pur-
          poses, pose the same issues as for cloned births.
     4.  I have heard several people say: "I wouldn't like two of me running
          around."  However, I have never heard identical twins (and I've
known
          several) say that.

                                                                       Dennis