Louis Claude de Saint-Martin

Mar 13, 1997 06:19 PM
by M K Ramadoss

A friend of mine recently asked me to see what information I can find on
Louis Claude de Saint-Martin. He came under the influence of Pasqualis a
Theosophist and appears to have written several books and seems to be a
mystic. His book "Unknown Philosopher's Teaching" is said to represent the
best of French Illuminism and Theosophism, had a discrete but profound
influence on many 19th century writers such as Chateaubriand, Joseph de
Maistre, and Balzac in the religious masonic circles, as well as on the
German romantics including Franz von Baader.

Any one familiar with Saint-Martin?

mkr