Celibacy

Mar 13, 1997 10:21 AM
by Jerry Schueler

>Uh, one  little difference.  psychism is natural and celibacy isn't
>
>Chuck the Heretic

Too true.  Nevertheless, the temporary need for celibacy comes
to just about everyone at some point in their Path and when it
does, it shouldn't be forced.  Personally, I don't think it matters
much if one is celibate or not.  Its all in how one looks at it.
I suspect celibacy is a phase that Candiates go through, and
sooner or later will be outgrown.  What I mean here is that
it comes naturally with the feeling of impurty and the need
for purification.  Once that phase has been gotten through,
it is no longer necessary.

Jerry S.
Member, TI