Re: On-line Publications

Mar 10, 1997 05:52 PM
by ramadoss

At 08:30 PM 3/10/97 -0500, you wrote:
>ramadoss@eden.com wrote:
>>         With copyrights of all the Theosophical classics having expired, the
>> arrival of Internet is timely.
>
>	The Internet, in one form or another, has been around for over 30
>years.
>
>	Bart Lidofsky

You are right. Military and academics have been using Internet for a long time.

It is only in the recent couple of years, that Internet has been accessible
to the average person at an affordable cost and the widespread use by the
public along with the graphic based tools capable of running on PCs. For
example, in my city one can get unlimited use access to Internet for
$10.00+tax per month, which was unthinkable 5 years ago. As I had indicated
earlier, there is an apartment complex in town which offers free internet
access for its tenants. I do not know if they provide or loan the computer too.

mkr