Re: CSICOP

Mar 10, 1997 06:47 AM
by Tim Maroney

>> I have never seen any statement from any member of CSICOP to the effect
>> that believers should be committed to insane asylums.

>	I overstated it. The statements merely point to the insanity of
>believers, not what should be done with them.

Ah. Yes, I've seen a few articles in the Skeptical Inquirer which
purported to be about the psychology of belief, but which were in fact
simply ways to ridicule believers from behind a loose facade of
scientific objectivity. I found these articles a rather offensive
misapplication of psychology.

Tim Maroney