Re: CWL and K

Mar 09, 1997 08:05 PM
by ramadoss

The subject, is highly timely.

In the biography of CWL titled "The Elder Brother" by Gregory Tillett, I
found the following:

    "To Mary Lutyens, when told about this biography and asked for
    his comments, he said simply: "Leadbeater was evil", and
    refused to discuss the matter further beyond the comment that
    he found even thinking of him, or hearing his name, distasteful."

The above is based on the correspondence from Mary Lutyens to Tillett and
interview with her in London in August 1979.

The above is all the more significant because Mary Lutyens knew Leadbeater
personally, and had been a pupil of his in Sydney, Australia.

MKR