Re: Stil-Light Liquidation

Feb 28, 1997 04:11 AM
by ramadoss

At 04:36 AM 2/28/97 -0500, you wrote:
>the Board of the Stil-Light Theosophical retreat in NC is meeting this
>weekend to vote on whether or not to liquidate the facility due
>to lack of use.
>
>if you have any comments or input regarding this decision please submit
them to:

>jem@vnet.net
>theos-l@netcom.com
>carolward@aol.com
>algeo@ix.netcom.com
>
>thanks - john e. mead
>
>p.s.  it has occured to me that the southeast members may want
>to discuss this with some of the board members.
>
>board members are: (with e-mail access)
>john e. mead
>john algeo
>carol ward
>miles standish

>John E. Mead  jem@vnet.net
>Owner: Theos-L etc.; http://users.vnet.net/jem/theos-l.html
>Member: TSA; Theosophy International (TI)
>"Physics is impossible without imaginary numbers.
>Mathematics is impossible without consciousness"

Many may not know the size of the facility and what the operations were in
past and in the recent days. Also only those closely involved with the
facility are aware of the practical issues concerned with why the facility
is lacking use.

Usually it is very easy to liquidate and close down anything. Starting and
build up is very very difficult.

I hope the liquidation, if the board decides, is not the beginning of a
string of liquidation of TS properties/facilities which were set up due to
the enormous labor and sacrifices of a large number of devoted members in
the past.

MKR