Re: Meat Industry Investment

Feb 26, 1997 10:23 PM
by ramadoss

At 10:41 PM 2/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Doss:
>>BTW, as a rule in my consulting and tax practice I do not take on clients in
>>businesses dealing with liquor, meat industry, poulty & seafood industry,
>>prostitution, military and law enforcement. This policy has not hurt my
>>business.
>>
>>mkr
>
>Doss, I can understand your point of view and you follow whatever you like
>for your business.  I know you are thinking of the good of society.
>However, your policy troubles me.  There was a time when businesses would
>not deal with interracial couples, unmarried couples, homosexual couples,
>minorities and women because they feel that such people either contribute to
>the decay of society or, as in the case of women and minorities, they have
>no business dealing directly with them.  You can see how much damage this
>can do to those people when the feeling was unanimous among businesses.  In
>today's environment, your policy for your business probably does not
>inconvenience your rejected businesses, but I think you can see my point.
>
>Thoa

As they say, there are exceptions to any rule. If there is an emergency
situation, that some one badly needs my help, it is always there whether the
person is able to pay or not and no matter what kind of business the person
is involved in. Such situations have been extremely rare.

The other issue that is significant in my line of work is that I get closely
involved in the business of my client.

mkr