Food for Thought

Feb 26, 1997 05:16 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Hello theos-l folks!

I'm throwing one last ingredient into the beef stew
before I depart the list.  I have things to catch up on and I
will ketchup with you all later.
-AEB

"It is known esoterically that the vegetable kingdom is the transmitter
and the transformer of the vital pranic fluid to the other forms of life on our
planet . . .   Those who seek to read the Akashic records, or who endeavour to
work upon the astral correctly, have perforce and without exception to be strict vegetarians.
It is this ancient Atlantean lore which lies behind the vegetarian's insistence upon the
necessity for a vegetarian diet, and which gives force and truth to this injunction. . . . But
unless the goal of a vegetarian diet is this field of service, the arguments for its following
and for that form of diet are usually futile and of no real moment. (14-241)

"No set diet could be entirely correct for a group of people on differing rays, of different
temperaments and equipment, and of various ages.  Individuals are everyone of them unlike on
some point; they require to find out what it is that they, as individuals, need, in that
manner their bodily requirements can best be met, and what type of substances can enable them
best to serve.  Each person must find this out for himself.  There is no group diet.  No
enforced elimination of meat is required, or strict vegetarians diet compulsory.  There are
phases of life, and sometimes entire incarnations, where in an aspirant subjects himself to a
discipline of food, just as there may be other phases or an entire life wherein a strict
celibacy is temporarily enforced.  But there are other life cycles and incarnations wherein
the disciple's interest and his service lie in other directions.    There are later
incarnations where there is no thought about the physical body, and a man works free of the
diet complex, and lives without concentration upon the form life, eating that food which is
best available and can sustain his life efficacy.  In preparation for certain initiations,, a
vegetable diet has been in the past deemed essential.  But that has not always been the case,
and many disciples prematurely regard themselves as in preparation for initiation. (17-334)"