Re: THEOS-L digest 922

Feb 25, 1997 06:41 PM
by ramadoss

At 08:35 PM 2/25/97 -0500, you wrote:
>In message <199702240602.RAA17013@oznet07.ozemail.com.au>, C Kent
><cmkent@ozemail.com.au> writes
>>What about chook, Uncle Dr Alan - is that classified as meat -  or lamb, or
>>pork, or venison, or pheasant or lobster or flake (shark to the
>>uninitiated).  All meats can go rancid and are questionable from a health
>>point of view, but so is pernicious anaemia.   Be careful of that spinach
>>too.  Too much can kill you, you know.
>
>Chook?  A word I don't know, but I get your drift.  I imagine too much
>anything can kill me (or you).  I was not seeking to proselytise for
>veggies, only to offer an update on eating habits in the UK.  Veggie
>food in supermarkets here is now big business.  I am a vegetarian from
>choice, because I do not want animals killed for my food, that's all.  I
>have found a diet which works for me (not Indian!).

   You do not have to be an Indian for vegetarian diet to work? I have a
quite a few friends in Texas who are young men and women - mostly white
anglos who are vegetarians by choice - what we call here ethical vegetarians
-- who do not want to be part of any killing -- and most of them are also
active in the animal rights arena.

   Here too the business is booming and new large store is to be opened in
the newest shopping mall.

   So the general move is in the direction of more veggies.

>As for other people - what they eat is their business, and so is why
>they eat it.  Fried Chucky on toast might tempt some ......
>
>Alan
>---------

   Amen.

mkr