Re: THEOS-L digest 929

Feb 25, 1997 02:30 PM
by C Kent

>  I would like to hear more about the conditions in corporate world.

Talk to any young person around you living in it.  Ask them about the
physical stresses they are under in terms of physical working conditions
which often look good but are really damaging to the health -
air-conditioning, sick buildings, unnatural lighting, banks of computers,
denuded fast foods etc), and the hours they work including commuting time.
The 40 hour week is long gone.  Ask them about the emotional conditions such
as, smile sweetly while you are required to kill someone or lose your job,
concentrate on the politics not the job or you lose your job, grovel to the
hierarchy in ways you wouldn't imagine or lose your job, rip off  the client
or lose your job, cover up for the bosses disasters or you lose your job.
Then ask them about the intellectual conditions.  Most may be too young to
know that they are all using, and some are stressing, their intellectual
muscle (the brain) as never before, and short term memory problems are
becoming rife wherever high level computer usage is prevalent.

Then ask them what devices they use to cope.  How they are endeavoring to
keep their bodies in any way healthy and what ends they are having to go to
to do so?  Then ask them how they are caring for themselves emotionally and
how they reconcile their private ethics with what they are required to do on
behalf of the employer.  And ask them how close to their own limits they
feel all the time, and whether they fear falling over the edge. Look at the
nervous breakdown statistics around you and see how rapidly they are
climbing.  These aren't false claims - no-one is idiot enough to get
themselves classified for nothing.  Then ask them what is happening to their
brain - this one is pretty unrecognized yet - early days, but I'll make a
prediction that there will be a new area of work related injury claim in the
next few years.  At the moment the victims of brain burn out are simply
having to drop out and take menial work, or are being classified as nervous
breakdown cases, but soon it will be recognised.

>> Ah, but are you implying that they are a spiritually inferior race which can
>> never contact their higher selves in such a meat eating incarnation?
>>
>     First of all I do not know first hand about the higher self. Nor
>have I met a person yet who tells me convincingly about he/she is in
>contact with his/her/the higher self. Nor do I know if anyone group of
>individuals spiritually superior or inferior. I have always claimed each
>one of us is unique and many of our problems are due to the comparisons
>in life.

Good, I'm glad to hear it, but tell the vegetarian holier than thou's that
at my lodge.  You are not the whole of the vegetarian fraternity, and
unfortunately this is what they say!   And it does take a lot of swallowing
to put up with it all the time without fighting back.  Is it not obvious
from the reactions of the meat eaters on this list that we are HURT for some
reason?

>  Have we not heard about some people who are self controlled and cool,
>but are killers and crooks. So irritability is not a sign connected with
>anything spiritual, IMHO

Yes, and I just love the fact the HPB was the founder of the TS.  She was
decidedly more hot blooded and irascible than I am (I hope)!

Christine