Re: THEOS-L digest 926

Feb 25, 1997 04:06 AM
by m.k. ramadoss

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, C Kent wrote:

> With apologies to the original from which I stole this from, this is
> addressed to anyone who thinks they know the right way to live, and
> dedicated to those (like myself) who have had to work out how to survive for
> ourselves.
>
> What if?
> What if many young people today are inhabiting Aquarian bodies?
> What if many young people today have Aquarian potentialities?
> What if these people are struggling to survive in a Piscean world?
> What if the wisdom of the Piscean elders no longer applies to these people?
> What if this wisdom actually mitigates against their survival?
> What if they are having to work out how to survive any which way they can?
> What if they have to be their own elders, no matter how young they are?
> What if their bodies are screaming in pain in this Piscean world?
> What if eating meat helps reduce this pain?
> What if they are begging you to listen to their trials and
> what if you elders are too deaf to hear?
> What if?

There is an old saying that those who know don't talk and those who talk
don't know.

> For Aquarian substitute any more evolved root race/round you like.
>
> I constantly get into arguments over this with the retired or conservative
> TS'ers at my lodge, or even those living hippie lifestyles.  Such people can
> have ABSOLUTELY NO idea what modern young people (anything under 60 by TS
> standards ;-)  working in the corporate world are having to confront in
> their lives now.  Judge not lest ye shall be judged is all I can say to
> those who preach from on high.

  I would like to hear more about the conditions in corporate world.

> >Now this is interesting.  Jesus Christ (not one of my favorites but there are
> >some folks who like him), The Prophet Mohammed, George Washington, Thomas
> >Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, HPB, Col. Olcott, Thomas Edison, and Albert
> >Einstein and lots of Dalai Lamas in various incarnations were all meat
> >eaters.
> >
> >Adolf Hitler, George Arundale, and Indira Ghandi were vegetarians.
> >
> >Do I see a pattern here?
>
> Thanks Chuck, I'll use this one.  Anyone know Idi Amin's or Sadam Hussein's
> diets?

   Have you read about what Idi Amin had at the menu of a dinner for all
Ambassadors?

> mkr wrote
> >In all situations, I think one should use one's god given common sense. It
> >is impractical for example to expect Eskimos to be vegetarians.
>
> Ah, but are you implying that they are a spiritually inferior race which can
> never contact their higher selves in such a meat eating incarnation?

     First of all I do not know first hand about the higher self. Nor
have I met a person yet who tells me convincingly about he/she is in
contact with his/her/the higher self. Nor do I know if anyone group of
individuals spiritually superior or inferior. I have always claimed each
one of us is unique and many of our problems are due to the comparisons
in life.

> I'm trying to find something I thought someone (perhaps you) wrote about not
> being able to get in touch with your higher self if you eat meat.  I can't
> find it, but I would like to ask whoever wrote this,  "Who said?".  I am
> tired of patronising and contemptuous comments from superior people who say
> things like, "you obviously don't understand what working on the higher
> planes means if you think you can eat meat"  I got exactly this one today
> from an ES'er.  To her I asked the questions, "How do you know what I can
> and can't do? and  Who are you to make such a judgment?"  To which I was
> treated to the inevitable quiet smirk.  And you wonder why we get a bit
> touchy on the subject!

   See my comments above. Will the person who said about getting in touch
with our higher self, speak up. I am really very interested to hear.

> And another thing - I really resent this stuff about living UP to standards,
> with the implication that meat eating is DOWN and we will get UP eventually!

   See my comments above. Why compare any one to any one else including
ourself?

> Christine the irritable - whoops, obviously need more meat.
>
> Dang it - got caught again - irritabililty is a sign of some kind of
> spiritual inferiority or other isn't it.  Well we just can't win.

  Have we not heard about some people who are self controlled and cool,
but are killers and crooks. So irritability is not a sign connected with
anything spiritual, IMHO

> ;-)
>
> Christine the even more irritable

MKR