Re: Eat Your Veggies and live

Feb 24, 1997 06:49 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 07:50 PM 2/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
>In message <970223122319_-1139226631@emout10.mail.aol.com>,
>Drpsionic@aol.com writes
>>The eating of vegetables is an abomination.
>>
>>People who eat vegetables probably wear white during rituals, which is also
>>an abomination.
>
>Sometimes, Uncle Chucky, you can reach new heights of silliness!  here
>in the Old Country (as some Americans have called it) we have seen a
>very large increase of vegetarianism, mostly because people are afraid
>of being killed as a consequence of eating meat, especially beef.  Beef
>cattle in the tens or even thousands of hundreds have had to be
>slaughtered throughout Europe to prevent the spread of "Mad Cow Disease"
>which is suspected of being connected to an increase in the incidence of
>its human equivalent.  Very recently we have seen a number of deaths
>directly related to meat eating where the E.Coli virus has found its way
>into the food chain among meat consumers.
>
>Eating meat, it is clear, can seriously damage your health.  Lucky ol'
>me has avoided all this by turning veggie about seven years back.  One
>of my better decisions, I think.  Joing the TS was not one of my better
>decisions, so don't blame them.
>
>Alan

   A good post. The fact of the matter is that the world is moving towards
vegetarian diet. The ones who are moving are the yuppies and the affluent.
Only future can tell how fast this movement is going.

   At every catered dinner I had gone to, I have always ordered special
meals and this is usually a fruit meals because it is very difficult to mess
with it. One time I was on a transatlantic flight and I was the only one who
asked for the fruit meals and they had brought a ton of fruits and I was
asked to help myself all during the 16 hours non stop flight.

  MKR