Re: ES & TS

Feb 24, 1997 06:41 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 07:59 AM 2/24/97 -0500, you wrote:
>About ES & sex, when I was in it those 3 months, the rule said "no illegal
>sex".
>Truthfully, that made me feel much more secure around theosophical men,
>because I knew they wouldn't make a pass at me, and I didn't need to be on
>the defensive with them all the time. On the other hand, "Illegal" excluded
>anyone straight or gay in a long term relationship but not married. I
>understand that since then they've relaxed the rule a little and will accept
>people in long standing relationships, I suppose that covers homosexuals as
>well. At the time, it didn't. They would have admitted a homosexual as long
>as he\she was celibate. I didn't think that was fair, because  straight
>ESers weren't being asked to be celibate, so I got out again. I have a gay
>son, whom I love very much, and I wasn't about to become member of an
>organization to which he couldn't also belong if he wanted to. Over the
>years, it turned out, it didn't make him feel good that I quit the ES
>because of him, so I said I'd join again if ever I could. I started
>rejoining around the time that the TS by-laws were changed. I got so
>disgusted with all the conniving going on at the time, that I wrote the
>Outer Head "never mind."
>In the intervening years, since my first quit, I've gotten a lot of
>spiritual training both from Harry Van Gelder and from Serge King, combined
>with reading. By now I don't feel that I'm missing out on the much vaunted
>ES training. I got it anyway from other teachers.
>
>So now you got my story,
>
>Liesel

Liesel:

Thanks for your msg.

Do you recall I had posted a msg on the closing of ES by AB for a year and
how it was reopened.

One of the reasons that some of the then leaders of TS told AB was that
without some external/outside restriction(pressure) the members could not
self-control and self-police themselves. Does it not say something? Grown
ups need not be told what to do and what not to do?

Just for thought.

mkr