Vegetarianism

Feb 24, 1997 06:00 PM
by M K Ramadoss

Hi

In some States in the US whenever the land is subdivided or land and
building are sold, the owner has a right to put in what is known as deed
restrictions. It is especially very common in Texas.

In the recent past I was aware of two instances when land and building was
donated to religious organizations, deed restrictions were put prohibiting
either preparing or consuming alcohol, meat, poultry, and sea food on the
property. One of them was a building donated to TSA. Another was a land
donated to a non-TS organization. In the latter case, I was instrumental in
convincing the donors to put in the restriction. In these restrictions, you
can put in only what is prohibited and not what should be done.

Just in case some one is interested.

MKR