vegetables and stuff

Feb 24, 1996 03:29 PM
by Ozren Skondric

Let me add my two.. (something) to this diet discussion
It seams to me (and this is highly subjectiv viev) that young people
today (at least in my town) are turning vegetarian just because they
feel it is right way to be. Again this is higly subjective but some 50
to 60% of people that I call friends are vegetarians and none of them is
in any spiritual, or diet organition (OK two are in hare Krishna but
that's it), and none of them has health problems that would demand such
a diet. All of them are vegetarians because thay feel it is just not
right to kill animals for food and I see it is a "heart thing" and not a
"mind thing". I seams that it's very dificult to stay with vegetarian
diet if it was something one decited to do because of... and much easyer
if you're just disgusted with idea of slaughtered animal on your plate,
and that seams to be just the case with (some) young people today.

 As for me I always (since it first crossed my mind) understood
vegetarianism as a natural way to be and never tried to balance lack of
meat in my diet with anything. The food I eat is some 70% of fresh fruit
and vegetables and the rest is some cooked, other than meet stuff.

Here is great link if somebody is interested in predominantly fresh
fruits and vegetables diet.
http://members.gnn.com/chetday/hb.htm

By the way, could anybody help me switch from DIGEST to "one mail at a
time" mode.

Best regards
Ozren