Re: THEOS-L digest 921

Feb 24, 1997 12:22 PM
by Drpsionic

>As a natural vegetarian, and believing at the time that vegetarianism was a
>superior way,  I struggled to find which food supplements would work to
>replace the meat.  I experimented which just about everything until I
>finally reconciled to my meat eating status when I discovered that the Dalai
>Lama eats meat. ;-)  What's good enough for him is good enough for me, I
>decided.  So whilst the ES was tempting in my early days, it was
>inaccessible.  Now I think that this was perhaps a good thing.

In 1981 the Dalai Lama came with entourage to Olcott and the little old
ladies were terribly upset to learn that neither he nor his monks were
vegetarians.  It was great fun to watch them get all upset.
But then what the hell did they think people eat in Tibet.  All they have is
yak burgers and barley.

Chuck the Heretic