Eat Your Veggies

Feb 22, 1997 05:18 PM
by Ann E. Bermingham

----------
> From: M K Ramadoss <ramadoss@eden.com>
>
> I have known many animal rights activists who have cut off all meat, sea
> food, poultry etc with no problems. Again one has first to have a
> commitment and then experiment the change.

I believe the future of vegetariansm lies in finding and creating
high-quality, good-tasting sources of vegetable protein that will provide
complete protein.  Most of the soybean substitutes available today
are loaded with sugar, artificial flavors and preservatives.

Also, vegetarianism needs to address those with special needs,
like allergies, diabetes, hypglycemia, low-fat, etc.  Most of the veggie diets
I see don't address these at all.  There's a great deal of experimentation
that needs to be done in this area to truly make it work for everyone.

-AEB