Re: TS & ES

Feb 22, 1997 06:27 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

----------
> From: Drpsionic@aol.com

> The ES don't allow no meat eatin' round here.
> The ES don't allow no meat eatin' round here.
> We don't care what the ES don't allow,
> We're chomp them burgers anyhow.
> The ES don't allow no meat eatin' round here.

Several years ago a member of ES was subtly trying to
recruit me.  I didn't know anything about it and this person's
initial statement was that I'd have to be a vegetarian for
at least 2 years.

Since I burn up food faster than most people and need
a certain amount of protein, that sunk any interest in ES
that I might have had like a bucket of concrete in Lake Michigan.

I'd been this route many times before, with various
"spiritual advisors" advising me to food fast, sleep fast
and stop eating critters.  In the end, I had to make up my
own mind as to what was right for me, sometimes to the
point of leaving a particular group.  The damage that might
be done to my health was not worth the membership
benefits.

At one time New Age Journal did a survey on their readers
eating habits.  They found that they ranged from pure vegans
to those that felt weak if they didn't a piece of animal protein
at least once a day. In other words, one person's diet may be
totally inappropriate for another.  Each has to find what
works for them.

As far as I'm concerned, the regulations of one's personal habits, sex
included, is, as they sing, "nobody's business but their own!"

-AEB