Subject: Re: Hey From: Sorcia

Feb 20, 1997 08:46 PM
by E. J.

What The Bible Actually Is:

Actually, the Bible is the story of your life and my life. It is the unfolding
of the spiritual life of every man. As one grows in spiritual perception, he
grows into a deeper understanding of the Bible. Each time he reads it, it
contains a new and richer meaning. It is as if the pages come to life. What was
once a gory battle becomes an allegory, giving the reader an insight into his
own spiritual unfoldment.

This is the Christ, God in us, Spirit individualized in and through man. In the
Old Testament, God in man is called Jehovah God; in the New Testament, the
Christ.

God and I in space alone
And nobody else in view.
"And where are the people, O Lord?" I said.
"The earth below and the sky o'erhead
And the dead whom once I knew?"
"That was a dream," God smiled and said,
"A dream that seemed to be true,
There were no people, living or dead,
There was no earth and no sky o'erhead
There was only myself-and you."
              -Ella Wheeler Wilcox, "Illusion"

The Bible Is an Oriental Writing.

As we said before, the Oriental writing in the Bible is expressed in the
terminology of the Orient. The Eastern mind is quite attuned to the idea of a
spiritual truth being expressed as allegory or parable. The result is that on
the surface you may seem to have a picture created, a moral rule of conduct
expressed, or the adventures of a great people typified through battles,
famines, romance, violence and intrigue; but, deep down underneath, there is
more satisfying meaning, a mystical, spiritual meaning that is of great help to
the individual today and that is what everyone is seeking. When you discover
this inner meaning, the Bible is found to be, in Truth, THE WORD OF GOD, the
Wisdom of the Infinite and this is the reason that the Bible lives on forever.

The three keys which I will give you provide a secret code such as would be used
by an underground movement to protect these valuable teachings from the crude
touch of those who would not know or care that they be preserved. Through the
use of figurative language another goal is accomplished. The Bible speaks to
each one at his own level of awareness, so that, year after year as his
understanding increases, he discovers richer and richer meanings, personal to
him at that very moment of awareness.

ARE YOU READY FOR THE KEYS?

Know what you do not know,
and Know that you do not Know it -
Know what you know,
and Know that you Know it -
And be able to Know the difference between the two.

Let There Be Light -- Always in All Ways,  e.j. [;-)
http://home.earthlink.net/~ejlight/index1.html
"The reverse side also has a reverse side." -- Japanese Proverb