Biography of CWL

Feb 19, 1997 03:05 PM
by M K Ramadoss

I just copied a msg to Peter Michel who is working on a Biography of CWL.

There was, what appears to be a paid advertisement in March 1997 Quest which
I reproduce below.

Biography of Charles W Leadbeater

Charles W Leadbeater was certainly one of the most influential authors in
the history of the Theosophical Society and his writings have had
significant role in forming the world view that we now refer to as the New
Age. However, to date, there has only been one book written about his life,
the biography "The Elder Brother" by Gregory Tillett.

I believe additional perspectives are needed, to provide a richer and more
balanced perspective on this important figure.

For this reason, I am in the process of developing a new biography on the
life and work of CWL, one that I hope will do justice to him and his
important role in the Theosophical Society.

I am looking for any unpublished material I may be able to use (eg. letters,
personal recollections, other original documents). If you possess any such
material, I request your help. Please forward any documents, or copies, to
either of the addresses listed below and they will forward them to me. I
will certainly be happy to reimburse you for any costs you might incur.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Dr. Peter Michel

Snail mail address & phone numbers in the US and Germany Deleted here.
The e-mail address is leadbeater@bluestar.com