Re: John Algeo's letter

Feb 15, 1997 04:47 PM
by JRC

On Sat, 15 Feb 1997, Ann E. Bermingham wrote:
> If the letter, or any piece of information, was published on
> on theos-l, there is the question of whether it was worth the effort.
> That is because there are a grand total of 128 people subscribed to
> theos-l, at the last count.  And some of these may not be sympathetic
> to your cause.
>
> If your aim is exposing someone or revealing the truth, then these
> 128 or so people would have to pass it on to their friends, lodges and
> study groups, who would then take it up with others.  That is, if they
> even are members of any or even belong to TS!  You would have to
> form a network beyojnd the Internet to truly make a difference.

Ann ...
	Well, I'm not so sure. The numbers are small, but a number of the
most ell known and well connected are on this list - either speaking or
lurking. I know from my own point of view, *most* significant information
that comes across this list I pass on to other Theosophists in my region -
its been quite eye - opening for some of them to hear the kinds of
discussions that go on. In my own case, anyway, I'm not a single 1 of that
128, but rather the conduit through which at least a dozen people are made
aware of things that they otherwise simply would not have been aware of,
and I wonder whether this is more the norm than the exception. I guess I
kind of feel, sometimes, as though the effects, impact, and importance of
this list may be considerably greater than most of us suspect.
								-JRC