Re: THEOS-L digest 905

Feb 15, 1997 07:49 AM
by RIhle

Christine writes-->
I was also wondering about the money.  We are very wealthy, but I wonder if
the bequests which set up our wealth were made to our local Lodge, Theosophy
in Australia, or International Theosophy.

Richard Ihle writes-->
Christine's remarks reminded me of something I have always been curious about
and which someone on the list may know the details of.

I was speaking in Ann Arbor or Detroit or somewhere else in Michigan perhaps
20 years ago or more.  As I recall it, the meeting place was a beautiful
rustic-type building with attractive grounds.  Someone told me that a
prominent Theosophist had left it to the American Section in his will.

Sometime later I inquired about the property and someone told me that the
Board of Directors had simply decided to ~give it~ to the relatives of the
deceased person.  It seems a little strange that the Board would have the
power to dispose of the Section's property with such ease; thus, I wonder if
this really happened.

Has anyone else heard of anything like this?

Godspeed,

Richard Ihle