RE: THEOS-L digest 907

Feb 14, 1997 06:44 PM
by Einar Adalsteinsson & ASB

> From: 	C Kent[SMTP:cmkent@ozemail.com.au]
> Sent: 	fimmtudagur 13. februar 1997 18:42
> Subject: 	Re: THEOS-L digest 907

Great, that's what I was hoping.  What about anyone else who is interested
in a "brainstorm" going onto the TI-L list?  In a few days we could post a
question for discussion such as....

In what ways can we work for Theosophy outside existing organizational
frameworks?

.or some such question. (for me I would want to know what you guys mean by
Theosophy before I could even start with this question)

For those who have not used this technique, brainstorming can encourage a
great deal of lateral thinking and, as a result, creative solutions which no
single individual could have reached alone (the whole is greter than the sum
of the parts). The idea is that ideas can be expressed, cross polinated with
other's ideas and new ideas formed as a result of the group dynamic.
Ideas can be as crazy as you like and may be expanded on by others, but not
criticzed.

The normal brainstorming steps are

1.  Gather ideas
2.  Clarify and Categorize
3.  Eliminate duplicates
4.  Prioritize - select the top 3 to 5 in each category
5.  Develop action plans for the top 3 to 5.
6.  Propose action
7.  Loop back to 5 for the next 3 to 5.

We will have to creatively adapt this to suit the InterNet rather than a
room in which we are face to face.  For instance we would have to set a time
limit for the "gather ideas" phase but may need to vary it to accommodate
the speed at which people can respond, read each others ideas, come up with
new ones etc.  This will be much slower on this forum than face to face.

The rules are simple

> #1 - Keep it brief.  One or two sentences is best.  We elaborate later.
> #2 - No discussion or criticism. (extension of ideas is allowed)

How about it?
Christine

Einar Here.

Yes, How about it?!

I have just subscribed to the TI-l list in the hope that we can all go sail
brainstorming there.

Here is an issue: How can we make theosophy PRACTICAL for the
average spiritual seeker, and still maintain high quality spiritual
standard of H.P.B's unique teachings?

Let's start some positive brainstorming!

Love and light.

Einar.