reply

Feb 11, 1997 01:13 PM
by Thoa Tran

Ben,

>>Thoa:
>>Have you ever heard of deliberate illogic?
>
>I have not. Please enlighten.

It's an example of the marriage of the intellect and the creative, the
structured and the unstructured, and the logical and the illogical.
Comedians use it quite a bit.  Comedians will make statements that appear to
be nonsense but has tons of truth to it.  It's a way of stepping away from
the structure and confines of logic in order to analyze the logical system
clearly and objectively.

>Perhaps what I meant to say about the "current of respect alternating" was
>that every woman looks out into her own reality, and perceives the summation
>of all what her "bodies" are telling her is the case at any particular moment
>in space-time-thought. She may believe that the respect is alternating but
>she is only believing what her mind set is describing/mirroring to her ego
>relative to actual events as they occur.Whatever her perceptions of the past
>were they will colour her present, and potentially future, realities.If her
>preconceptions persist they will surely become part of her ever periodic
>existence.

That is how it is with everyone.  Subjective, objective, blah, blah, blah.
As far as women go, are you referring to a woman's biological clock?

>...It is my belief that those who are highly spiritually
>evolved souls [not referring to myself ofcourse] need to be in an environment
>where the highest aspirations are in place for the soul to reach its full
>potential.Do you not agree that one should, if one is given the opportunity,
>sacrifice one's own spiritual development for the birth of a more evolved
>soul who can perhaps spread more light into the world than oneself?

How are you going to control a soul's choice of parents?  Any parents will
tell you that their child is his/her own personality.  Theosophists can have
a fundamentalist Christian child or even a murderer.  On the other hand, the
most wonderful and kind people came from disadvantaged backgrounds.  The
only thing parents can do is nurture and love their children, educate them,
help develop their talents, and finally let them be the people that they
are.  Perhaps you were meant to have the set of parents that you have.  You
are learning theosophy, aren't you?  Obviously, it is important to you for
you to wish that you could have started learning earlier.  As far as a
choice of mate, if ascetism is your thing, that's fine.  However, if you do
wish for a mate, the best thing is to find someone that you're happy with
and who you can grow with.  Life brings many surprises.  You'll never know
who will come into your life.

>By the way, I would like to add that perhaps some of my recent responses
>have perhaps been a little obtuse, dare I say it even illogical, at times but
>I think that that is because I have never felt so emotionally charged in my
>life. I have never been attacked by a feminist before and it takes a little
>time to get used to it.Please forgive me.
>You have almost made me out to be a fascist pig who thinks that women are a
>rather unfortunate aspect to the human family. I do NOT hold such ideas.
>However, being beseiged by such a personality brings out the protective
>aspect towards my "maleness". Perhaps if you toned down your emotional
>outbursts I would be able to sound more logical in my reasoning.Believe it
>or not, I am more an intuitive person than an intellectual, and so I can get
>in touch my feelings v. easily - it means also that I am quite sensitive!
>Please be kind.

Makes you want to put on one of those sports crotch guard, doesn't it?  =o)
(almost a smile, still stern.)  Okay, I will put away my samurai sword.
Sometimes a man will say a statement that is highly charged for a woman.
For some reason, the man is usually totally clueless about what his
statement meant, and then wonders what we are up in arms about.  Some
prejudices are so ingrained in us that we can't see the forest for the trees.

>I think that that is because I have never felt so emotionally charged in my
>life. I have never been attacked by a feminist before and it takes a little
>time to get used to it.Please forgive me.

Once you get used to the leather whip, you'll beg for it. };-{>  I would
also ask for your forgiveness except that, if the situation is right, I will
become emotionally charged again.  The thing I can't stand is apathy.  I'm
not afraid of my emotions.  In fact, I find them useful and I don't think
I'm going to become a mass murderer.

Thoa