Re: The future of the TS

Feb 09, 1997 04:24 PM
by Drpsionic

>Please tell me what its intrinsic merit is?

They let me in.:)
Seriously, I don't know what kind of mess you have in Australia, but from
what you're saying it makes the stuff we have here in the US look pretty tame
by comparison.  The sad truth is that organizations are made up of humans and
people can be damn obnoxious when they try (I know because I don't have to
try as hard as most, but then I was born that way).  The TS is peculiar
because for all of its weirdness it is one of the very few instances where
the whole does at times tend to be greater than the sum of its parts.
Now I can't come up with any specifics to back that, but in the US we tend to
get upset at the people who run the society a lot while getting along
generally well with our fellow members (at least we did until this list came
along and we learned to be nasty to each other).  Maybe it's something
specific to the American Section.  I don't know.

I imagine this isn't a very satisfying answer, but the thing you are asking
about is pretty much indefinable.

Chuck the Heretic