Q's and ponderences

Feb 06, 1997 05:37 PM
by Thoa Tran

Triaist Carrot(?):
>I have never been a sexist, even in my pre-carrot days.

Then were you a fruitist?

>If I were a woman, and
>posing as a man on this newsgroup, would I still be a sexist?  Maybe I am a
>woman and I've been playing with you all along.  And maybe I'm not really a
>carrot now.  Maybe I'm actually a cabbage.

Maybe you were a man who dreamed that he was a woman who thought that she
was a man cross-dressed as a woman who pretended to be a man thought to be
sexist, but was actually not, who turned into a carrot, not a ginseng root,
but now is a cabbage that is possibly a fruitist.

>Maybe I'm actually a cabbage.

Cabbage and carrots both taste great boiled, but cabbage smells like fart.

>Ya' know, bunnies eat cabbage too.

Are you calling us women bunnies?  If you are, then we are going to have
more arguments that will include Hugh Hefner's name.

>In referring to women, a "woman" is
>defined as "a female human being".  "Female:  designating or of the sex that
>produces ova and bears offspring".

Is a woman still a woman if she does not have the ability to bear children,
if she is infertile?  Is a woman still a woman if she intends to never have
children?  Is a woman still a woman if she had a hysterectomy?  If a man had
a sex change into a woman, is he a she?

>The really sad thing is that the last time I tried to make an example of the
>equality that men and women share, I got a message saying "oh, boo hoo."
>Perhaps compassion simply does not exist anymore in women or men.  Or perhaps
>"masculine" and "feminine" should be redefined?  Maybe masculine should refer
>to compassion and weakness, and feminine should be defined as bold, strong,
>and vigorous.

(throwing wet Kleenex at the Triaist Cabbage) There, I made up for it by
having a good cry for you.  Of course, I shouldn't have to anymore, because
your predicament is now solved.  I'm sorry, but at the time that you made
that statement, my mind was on abused women, girls being given to
prostitution, raped women, families solely headed by women, economic
discrimination, female fetal abortion, etc., you know, the usual things.  I
guess my sensitivity has been too low due to the extreme cases.

>>From what I've noticed so far is that the women who feel that they are
>oppressed seem to think that they should be treated as though they are both
>masculine AND feminine, i.e. compassionate bold strong vigorous, etc, but that
>men should never have any weakness whatsoever.
>
>Chauvenists may be sexist, but don't examples like these just make feminists
>hypocritical?
>Which is worse?

That was not my statement above.  I certainly don't feel that men should
never have any weakness.  I go for the underdogs myself.  We are all human.

>This is all I recieved from the post I sent.  Pleeeeez tell me everyone else
>got more of it.

I received the whole of it, but only read to the spa part, got an itch for a
great massage, then went to the spa.

Thoa