Re: Compensation worldwide

Feb 05, 1997 10:25 AM
by m.k. ramadoss

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Ann E. Bermingham wrote:

> ----------
> > From: M K Ramadoss <ramadoss@eden.com>
> > >
> > Einar:
> > >
> > >It's my experience that TS workers are not at all enviable of their
> > >Work, at least not  money-vise, and by reading the posts on this list,
> > >their work doesn't seem much appreciated otherwise either.
> >

> I take issue with your statement.   I live near Olcott so I can readily
> see what kind of sacrifices people have to make to work there.
> I think the negativity you're hearing on the list have to do with
> policies and a tendency to hang onto the old ways of doing things,
> rather any criticism of the workforce.
>
> The people at Olcott are there because they have a love and
> committment to what they believe in.  That can be stronger than
> any material discomfort or lack of money.  As far as I'm concerned,
> they are being paid in spades by living in that wonderful atmosphere
> and beautiful natural grounds, the kind that are fast disappearing from
> my area and being swallowed up by tollways, industrial parks, housing
> developments and fast food franchises.  In some ways, I envy them.
>
> -AEB

Ann:

I have never heard anything but high compliments for the work that the
workers are doing at Olcott.

Those of us who have seen the traffic, especially during the later part
of 1995 during the so called "house keeping" by-law changes and
subsequent elections, can appreciate the background from which some of
the criticisms come from. Added to it is the opinions of many of us on
other matters of philosophy and policies. I would give Einar benefit of
doubt since he may not have read the past messages.

As I had stated in my earlier message, all of us in our own way, try to
apply T/theosophy and hope we can make a difference in the lives of other
living beings.

MKR