Re: Compensation worldwide

Feb 05, 1997 08:59 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

> From: M K Ramadoss <ramadoss@eden.com>
> >
> Einar:
> >
> >It's my experience that TS workers are not at all enviable of their
> >Work, at least not  money-vise, and by reading the posts on this list,
> >their work doesn't seem much appreciated otherwise either.

I take issue with your statement.   I live near Olcott so I can readily
see what kind of sacrifices people have to make to work there.
I think the negativity you're hearing on the list have to do with
policies and a tendency to hang onto the old ways of doing things,
rather any criticism of the workforce.

The people at Olcott are there because they have a love and
committment to what they believe in.  That can be stronger than
any material discomfort or lack of money.  As far as I'm concerned,
they are being paid in spades by living in that wonderful atmosphere
and beautiful natural grounds, the kind that are fast disappearing from
my area and being swallowed up by tollways, industrial parks, housing
developments and fast food franchises.  In some ways, I envy them.

-AEB